Enhance Your Resume as You Change the World
"an Amazon.com of the nonprofit world.”
We are recruiting high-performing Indian students to join us as Campus Ambassadors.
Feed a child
Preserve the wilderness
Stop sexual abuse
How You Benefit
- Use your skills, talent, and creativity to:
- make the world a better place (this may be the single greatest opportunity for you to make a difference)
- take on a leadership role, learn, and develop your skills
- make friends and build your network at your school and nationwide
- enhance your resume with a record of achievement and service.
Unpaid / Possible Credit
- We offer a great experience, but we are a nonprofit. Therefore:
- This is an unpaid position.
- This position is eligible for credit and for community service hours at many schools.
About Changing The Present
We help nonprofits and schools capture some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year on birthday, wedding, and holiday presents.
We do that by making the experience of a donation, which you give in a friend's name, feel like a rewarding present and an appealing alternative to buying yet more "stuff." We provide:
- tangible charitable gifts (preserve an acre of the rain forest, fund an hour of cancer research, etc.)
- personalized printed greeting cards
- wish lists and registries
- gift cards, etc.
This slideshow shows how it works.
Imagine the impact we can make together as more and more people adopt this more meaningful type of giving!
Supply a Classroom
Provide safe drinking water
Sponsor cancer research
This is Prestigious and Competitive
We seek undergrad and graduate students who:
- have an outstanding academic record and a proven history of leadership
- are active and involved in activities on campus and/or the surrounding community.
- commit to at least three hours per week for the summer or for the full academic year. (If you can spend at least eight hours per week, please see our opportunities for internships, which can be done remotely/online).
What You Will Do
You will use social media, email, and in-person conversations to raise awareness of Changing The Present among:
- Indian students, student organizations, and faculty.
- students and recent graduates on OPT who might be interested in our internship program
- college students in India who seek a virtual internship with an American nonprofit to strengthen their application to American graduate schools and to enhance their resumes for job-hunting in the U.S.
- invite local nonprofits and schools to register, so they can attract new funding.
We Provide the Tools You Need to Succeed
We will provide detailed instructions, message templates, downloadable flyers, digital graphics, and other marketing assets for your use. We also welcome your great ideas.
A Community of Campus Ambassadors at Your College
We will have multiple Campus Ambassadors at each school, and we will provide an online community for you to connect with one another, as well as with Ambassadors at other schools. That will let you collaborate, share tips, and celebrate your successes.
Other Opportunities with Changing The Present
We have a wide range of other internship and volunteer roles, including:
Here are a few of the wonderful people on our team. See what they and others say about working with us.:
This is prestigious and competitive. If you are a high-achieving student and would like to join us, please use the form below to apply.
Please share this with your friends at your college and elsewhere.
Thank you very much!