Easy Instructions for Educators Who Need More Funding
Capture Some of the $450 Billion Americans Spend Each Year on Presents
One nonprofit captures more than $100 million a year that people normally spend on birthday, wedding, and holiday presents. They do it by making the experience of a donation, given in a friend's name, feel like a rewarding gift and a great alternative to buying yet more "stuff."
Now, this nonprofit site, which The New York Times called, "an Amazon.com of the nonprofit world," enables this type of alternative giving to support your school, classroom, team, or band. Imagine how much we can all help children as we attract some of the $450 billion Americans now spend each year on presents.
Instructions for Teachers, Coaches, Band Leaders, Administrators, and PTA/PTO:
- Join the site, and create a Wish List like this sample teacher wish list or this sample school wish list. Write something to encourage donations, and display the name, URL, and address of your school to make it easy for grandparents and others who may not know.
- See the gifts of resources for schools and teachers, and add whatever you need to your wish list: science equipment, sports equipment, books, etc.
- Send the invitations below to potential supporters and to other teachers.
- Display our web banners on your website, blog, social media pages, etc., and link to your wish list page. Print the flyer and post it where teachers will see it.
Invite Friends, Parents, and Others
An exciting nonprofit website, www.ChangingThePresent.org, lets anyone give the gift of a donation in their friend's name, and a personalized greeting card makes it an especially memorable gift. This is so much more meaningful than yet more stuff. It is even tax-deductible.
As well as funding any nonprofit, you can also fund the school, classroom, school sports team, or band of your choice.
Here are three easy ways to help students get the resources they need to thrive:
- Make the gift of a donation in a friend's name, in lieu of buying a traditional present,
- Create your own wish list to support our students, and ask people to donate here instead of buying you presents that you may not want.
- Help make this go viral by sharing this invitation and posting to social media.
You can see my wish list of student needs at [add the URL of your wish list here].
Let's make this go viral to help more students!
Thank you very much.
Invite Schools and Teachers
An exciting nonprofit website, www.ChangingThePresent.org helps schools and teachers get the funding they need. The NY Times called it, "an Amazon.com of the nonprofit world."
They started by channeling to leading nonprofits some of the $450 billion people spend each year buying presents. They do that by making the experience of a donation, given in a friend's name, feel like a rewarding gift and a great alternative to buying yet more "stuff."
Now, they do the same for schools and teachers. Visit the site to get the funding for resources that you and your students need.
Let's make this go viral by sharing with teachers and parents, posting to social media, and generally spreading the word.
Thank you very much!