“An Amazon.com of the nonprofit world”
Great Internship and Volunteer Opportunities
We offer exciting virtual internship, volunteer, and ambassador opportunities for high-achieving students and professionals. See our many opportunities below.
We are entirely virtual. Work school year or summer. Choose your own flexible hours.
If you join us you will:
- get the satisfaction of making a big positive difference in the world as we channel to nonprofits some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year on birthday, wedding, and holiday presents
- use your skills, talent, intelligence, and creativity to make a difference
- assume as much responsibility as you are capable of
- learn a tremendous amount
- have a great time working with people from around the world in an exciting and supportive environment
- enhance your resume with a record of achievement and service
- OPT Internships for International Students
- Work 21 hours per week virtually and on your own schedule to stop the clock and satisfy the employment requirements for your OPT. Give yourself time to find your dream job (90 days is not enough!). Focus on your field of interest, including analytics, computer science, human resources, project management, and more.
- Virtual Internships to Support Your Favorite Cause (including Ethnic Groups, Countries, and Religious Communities)
- Work 10 to 40 hours per week on your own schedule, school year or summer. Help generate awareness, engagement, and donations for the cause or community of your choice. (See the list of causes and communities at the bottom of this page).
- College Community Engagement Interns for Your Favorite Cause, Ethnic Group, or Religious Community
- Work just 4 hours per week on your own schedule. Use social media, flyers, email, and in-person conversations to raise awareness of Changing The Present, our internship opportunities, and our program at your college and in your community.
- Social Media Internships
- Work 2 to 3 hours per week, and focus on the cause or community of your choice.
- Or work 10-40 hours per week and take a broader role on social media.
- Virtual Marketing, Communications, and Public Relations Internships
- Work 10 - 40 hours per week. Make a difference as you use your expertise in communications, marketing, and publicity. Focus on one or more audiences, such as high schools, colleges, weddings, and corporate gifts.
- Data Science and Data Analytics Internships
- Work 10 - 40 hours per week. Make a difference as you use your expertise in data science or data analytics. International students on CPT and OPT are welcome (as they are for all of our internships).
- Web Development Internships
- Work 10 - 40 hours per week. Use your web development skills, learn new skills, and make the world a better place. Front end, back end, or full-stack. International students on CPT and OPT are welcome (as they are for all of our internships).
- Human Resource and Organizational Psychology Internships
- Work 10 - 40 hours per week. Make a difference as you use your professional skills to grow our nationwide team of professionals, interns, and volunteers, including our network of tens of thousands of College Community Engagement Interns.
- College or School Ambassadors
- Work just one minute per day (that is not a typo). We will send a daily email or text with something you can do to make a difference in the blink of an eye. Focus on the cause or community of your choice.
- Online Community Service
- Community service has never been so convenient. We have developed an e-community service platform, which lets students do online work for our nonprofit whenever and wherever is convenient for them. We are preparing to launch the next version of the platform. Please register for notice of our launch fall 2022.
- High School Community Engagement Interns for Your Favorite Cause, Ethnic Group, or Religious Community
- Work just 3 hours per week on your own schedule. Use social media, flyers, email, and in-person conversations to raise awareness of Changing The Present, our internship opportunities, and our program at your school and in your community.
- Improve Your Chances When You Apply for College, Scholarships, Internships, Jobs, Grad School, or Anything
Join Our Team of Wonderful Interns
The slideshow below tells more.
How to Apply
Interested? Just send your cover letter and resume to the email address shown on the last page of the slideshow. Thank you!
Areas of Focus
Interns and Volunteers can focus on any of these areas:
Abuse, Activism, ADD/ADHD, Addiction, Adoption and Foster Care, Adult Education, Advocacy, African American, After School, Aging, Agriculture, ALS, Alzheimer's, Alzheimer's Disease, Animal Welfare, Any School, Any Teacher, Art, Arts Education, Autism, Blindness and Vision, Blood, Brain, Bullying, Cancer, Children and Youth, Children's Museum, Civil Society, Climate Change, Club Biking, Community Health, Conservation, Continuing Education, COVID-19, Criminal Justice, Dance, Deafness, Dental, Depression, Diabetes, Disabilities, Disaster Relief, Discrimination, Diversity and Inclusion, Domestic Abuse, Drama Education, Early Childhood Edu, Eating Disorders, Education, Elderly, Empathy and Kindness, EMS and Fire, Entrepreneurship, Environment, Film, Financial Literacy, Fire and EMS, Free Press, Global Health, Grief Support, Health Care, Heart Disease, Higher Education, Hispanic, HIV/AIDS, Homelessness, Housing, HSBCUs, Human Rights, Human Trafficking, Humanities, Hunger, Immigrants, Indigenous Peoples, Justice, K-12 Education, Landmines, Legal Services, LGBTQ, Libraries, Literacy, Marine Environment, Medical, Medical Research, Mental Health, Microcredit, Millennium Goals, Museum, Music, Music Education, National Parks, Organ & Marrow Donation, Parents, Parkinson's Disease, Peace, Population, Poverty Alleviation, Press Freedom, PTSD/Trauma, Public Broadcast, Public Universities, Racial Justice, Refugees, Schools, Science Research, Sexual Abuse, Social Entrepreneurs, Special Education, STEM Education, Stroke, Substance Abuse, Suicide Prevention, Sustainability, Sustainable Food, Technology, Technology Access, Theater, Unemployment/Career Support, Veterans, Vocational Education, Volunteering, Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Volunteer Fire Departments, Voter Registration, Water, Wealth Inequality, Weight loss, Women, Women and Girls, Youth Sports
Arab, Black, Chinese, East Asian, Indian, Latinx, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, Pakistani, Persian, South Asian (Is your favorite not on the list? Let us know, and we can add it)
Bahaism, Buddhist, Catholicism, Christian (other), Hinduism, Interfaith, Islam, Jain, Judaism, Mormon, Muslim, Secular, Sikhism, Taoism, Unitarian Universalism, Unitarian (Is your favorite not on the list? Let us know, and we can add it)
Regions and Countries
AFRICA, CARIBBEAN, CENTRAL AMERICA, EAST ASIA, MIDDLE EAST, PACIFIC ISLANDS, SOUTH AMERICA, SOUTH ASIA, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China (Mainland), Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Congo, Republic of the, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor (Timor-Leste), Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, North, Korea, South, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Federated States of, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sudan, South, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, The Bahamas, The Gambia, Tibet, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wakanda, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe