Outstanding Internships for Students and Graduates
Internships for Students and Graduates
Manhattan OR Remote / Virtual
Our nonprofit does offer an outstanding opportunity to use your skills, gain experience, enhance your resume, and make a tremendous positive social impact in the world. Because we are an emerging nonprofit, these positions are unpaid.
Who Is It For?
- Undergraduate and graduate school students and recent graduates at any time during the year
- International students on OPT are welcome
- "Dependent Spouses" of H1-B, F1, and L1 visa holders
ChangingThePresent.org is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. The New York Times called us an “Amazon.com of the nonprofit world.”
We work with hundreds of the most prestigious nonprofits in the country to help them capture some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year buying birthday, wedding, and holiday presents. We do this by making the experience of a donation, given in a friend’s name, feel like a rewarding gift and an appealing alternative to buying and giving yet more "stuff."
Our visitors can contribute to provide school children with their first book, preserve an acre of the wilderness, fund an hour of cancer research, etc. Wish lists and registries let them share their dreams for a better world. Personalized greeting cards make a charitable gift especially memorable. Gift cards let friends support the things they care about.
Unprecedented Opportunities for Responsibility and Leadership
Our interns get more responsibility than they will anywhere else. Take a leadership role.
Most Areas of Academic / Professional Focus
We have positions that align with a wide range of academic and professional fields, including business development, engineering management, analytics, finance, accounting, technology, web development, Salesforce, database, computer science, science, STEM education, marketing, digital marketing, communications, social media, publishing, Human Resources, organizational psychology, research, education, and graphics.
You can also choose to focus on your favorite causes (including education, hunger, women, children, cancer, human rights, environment, etc.) or the charitable needs of any ethnic group, religious group, city, or country. Please see a list of them below.
Some interns focus on specific markets, such as the high school market, college market, wedding market, or corporate gift market.
We want all our interns to get the following from their experience here:
- Make a tremendous positive impact in the world.
- Use your skills, experience, knowledge, creativity and talent.
- Assume responsibility and take a leadership role.
- Learn a tremendous amount.
- Work with people from around the world in a diverse and supportive environment, and have a great time.
- Enhance your resume with a record of professional achievement and community service.
- Receive a great letter of recommendation.
We welcome full-time and part-time interns during the school year and/or the summer. We are entrepreneurial and flexible, and we are always hiring.
Our office is conveniently located at 7th Avenue and 33 Streets in Manhattan. We also have interns who work remotely (as are all of us during the pandemic).
See What Our Interns Say About the Experience
Our current and former interns love the experience here. See their reviews of Changing The Present.
More Info and How to Apply
Please see https://ChangingThePresent.org/join for more information. To apply, please send a short cover note and resume to
join [AT} ChangingThePresent [DOT] org
We will get back to you very quickly.
We hope you will share this opportunity with anyone who might be interested.
Thank you very much!
The following sections will list the range of opportunities and of causes.
Interns and volunteers can focus on roles that align with their academic or professional focus, as listed below, or they can focus on any charitable cause or community (city, country, ethnic group, or religious group), as shown on the following pages.
Communications and Marketing
authors, photographers, and filmmakers
high school market
corporate gift market
philanthropic fundraising (individuals, corporations, and foundations)
advisors and experts
tax / finance
Data and Technical
Charitable Focus Areas
- each charitable cause - (see the following page for a list of causes)
- each city’s charitable needs
- each ethnic and religious group’s charitable needs
- each country’s charitable needs
Other initiatives, such as:
- One Minute for Good (nano-volunteering)
- Global Student Environmental Alliance
- National Alliance of Student Activists
- Teacher Purchasing Consortium
- National Network or Campus Ambassadors
- International Student and Professional Network
- Virtual internship program for students in India
LIST OF CHARITABLE CAUSES
Arts and Culture
Children and Youth
Empathy & Kindness
Women and Girls
Any College or University
Any School or Teacher
Early Childhood Edu
National Parks & Forests
National Parks & Forests
Blindness & Vision
Fire and EMS